1. Click the Preservation sub tab on the left-hand side of the screen. The following screen will appear:
2. Click Add Preservation to reveal this screen:
3. Leave the Type field set to Item and Assign to Preservation Group set to None. Note: These fields are for working with preservation groups. For more information on the Grouping feature see Adding Groups.
4. Indicate the type of preservation being done in the Bid Type field. For more information on bid types, including creating new ones, see Bid Types.
5. Leave the Assign to Preservation Group set to None.
6. Add a name for the preservation in the Description field.
7. If you wish to assign a user to oversee the work, select their name from the Assigned to field and place a check mark next to Requires Followup. This will cause the preservation to appear in their Home tab on the Preservations sub tab, similar to the screen shown below:
8. Note any pertinent information related to the preservation in the Summary field.
9. Select a status for the preservation from the Initial Status field. For information on creating additional Preservation statuses, see Statuses>Preservation.
10. If you wish to note an Effective Date other that today's date, you may do so in that field. Otherwise the system will automatically enter today's date when you add the preservation.
11. If you have any comments related to the status that you would like to note, do so in the Status Comment field.
12. If you have created any preservation auto tasks and you do not wish for them to generate for this particular item, click the Disable Auto Tasks checkbox. See Preservation Auto Tasks for more information on the auto tasking feature.
13. In the Select Vendors field, click the checkbox next to each vendor that is submitting a preservation bid. Note: The vendor list is related to the Bid Type. Selecting a new Bid Type will generate a different list of vendors.
14. Click the Add button to add the preservation. Your preservation will appear in the Items section of the screen.