The process for adding a Fannie Mae preservation is the same as that for adding any other preservation, with the exception of adding vendors and generating a Brokers Scope of Repairs. Broker Brain now has the capability of generating multiple Brokers Scope of Repair forms all at once for all vendors bidding on a Fannie Mae preservation.
If you are not generating a Brokers Scope of Repairs, click here for a different set of instructions.
Adding a Fannie Mae Preservation
1. Click the Preservation sub tab on the left-hand side of the screen. The following screen will appear:
2. Click the + next to Add Preservation to reveal the following screen:
3. Leave the Type field set to Item.
4. In the Bid Type field, indicate the type of preservation you are creating. For more information on bid types, including creating new ones, see Bid Types.
5. Leave the Assign to Preservation Group set to None.
6. Add a name for the preservation in the Description field.
7. If you wish to assign a user to oversee the repair, select their name from the Assigned to field and place a check mark next to Requires Followup. This will cause the preservation to appear in their Home tab on the Preservations sub tab, similar to the screen shown below:
8. Note any pertinent information related to the preservation in the Summary field.
9. Select a status from the Initial Status field. For information on creating additional Preservation statuses, see Statuses>Preservation.
10. If you wish to note an Effective Date other that today's date, you may do so in that field. Otherwise the system will automatically enter today's date when you add the preservation.
11. If you have any comments related to the status that you would like to note, do so in the Status Comment field.
12. If preservation auto tasks exist in the system for this type of preservation and you do not wish to generate one for this particular item, click the Disable Auto Tasks checkbox. See Preservation Auto Tasks for more information on the auto tasking feature.
13. This is where the process for Fannie Mae properties is different. For properties of other clients, you would opt to Select Vendors now by clicking the checkbox next to each bidding vendor. If you do this, however, you will need to create a separate Brokers Scope of Repairs form for each vendor. Broker Brain can create all of these for you at one time. If you wish to create your own forms, select each vendor now and click Add at the bottom of the screen. If you want Broker Brain to create your forms, DO NOT select any vendors here. Simply click Add. Your preservation will appear.
14. Now that you have created your preservation, you can use the Brokers Scope of Repairs form to designate your vendors, create vendor bids within Broker Brain, and generate BSOR forms for each bidding vendor. Click here for information on how to do this.